Call us ... we want to help!
The College of Dentistry is committed to providing high quality, accessible emergency care.
Urgent Care Clinic (Student Clinic)
Patients of record or new patients with a dental emergency may schedule an appointment in our Urgent Care Clinic for an emergency evaluation and diagnosis by 4th year dental students under the supervision of faculty dentists.
- Available at the College of Dentistry and Dental Clinics, Dental Science Building.
- Call 319-335-7499 to make an emergency appointment.
- Walk-in appointments are not accepted.
- Priority is given for the relief of pain and swelling, a waiting time can be expected.
- No dental treatment is provided at the urgent care appointment.
- An exam is performed, appropriate x-ray(s) taken, and a referral made to the appropriate clinic, if needed.
- There will be charges for an exam and x-rays and any other services provided in the Urgent Care Clinic as well as the clinic to which the patient is referred.
- Patients should expect to return to the clinic they were referred to on another day for treatment.
Faculty Private Practice Patients
Patients who receive their general comprehensive care by faculty dentists in Faculty General Practice or the Family Dentistry Clinic may call those clinics directly to request an appointment during clinic hours.
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
After Hours Emergency Care
- Available through University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC)
- Call UIHC at 319-356-1616 for emergency instructions
- Adults ask for the General Practice Resident on call.
- Children ask for the Pediatric Dentistry Resident on call.
- There will be charges for any emergency room serviced provided in addition to any charges for dental treatment.
after 5pm or on weekends