The College of Dentistry and Dental Clinics, as a courtesy to our patients, collects insurance payments for covered services. Patients are responsible for their contractual self pay obligations
Special Program for UI Employees
The College of Dentistry and the University of Iowa Benefits Office offer a pre-doctoral incentive program (PIP) for University of Iowa faculty, staff, and their families who participate in the Delta Dental II plan and receive treatment in the student clinics. Under this program the University will pay 100% (no co-pay or deductible required) of treatment currently covered—up to a participant's annual maximum—as long as the treatment is provided by a dental student in one of the College of Dentistry's student dental clinics.
Pay a Bill
- Make a payment through the college’s secure My Dental Portal.
- Don’t have a My Dental Portal set up? Register with the email address you gave us.
- Make a payment online with a credit or debit card.
- Make a payment in person when you are in for an appointment at one of our Business Office locations conveniently located throughout our dental clinics.
- Mail your payment to:
State University of Iowa – College of Dentistry
PO Box 850344
Minneapolis, MN 55485-0344
- Call 319-335-7440 to make a payment by phone.
The College of Dentistry and Dental Clinics accepts most insurance and will file claims. It is the responsibility of the patient to understand their own insurance plans and coverage.
- Update your insurance information (e.g., a change in name on your insurance) on My Dental Portal to ensure that your insurance is billed properly.
The College of Dentistry and Dental Clinics:
- is an Iowa Medicaid provider and a participating provider in the Iowa Dental Wellness Plan.
- does not accept out-of-state Medicaid.
The College of Dentistry does not participate in dental Medicaid insurance from states other than Iowa.
Patients with dental Medicaid insurance from other states are welcome to be treated at the College of Dentistry, but will be self-pay patients.
While payment is due when service is rendered, the college understands that a payment plan for more extensive or costly treatment may be desirable to some patients. Please be aware:
- Payment plans must be approved and set up by a member of the Business Office.
- Payment plans include a payment of half the amount with installments paid subsequently.
- Payment plans cannot be used for lab work, surgeries, or costly treatments.
- The college offers a no-interest financing option for larger balances with a new automatic deduction payment plan. Please call 319-335-7440 or stop by one of Business Office locations to learn more.