University of Iowa College of Dentistry Safety Procedures
Face masks are optional.
- Masks are Optional.
- While masks are not required here, please respect those who choose to wear one
- Face masks, if worn, should always cover your mouth and nose except when receiving dental treatment.
Screening Questions about COVID-19
- If you are sick, stay home.
- You will be asked COVID-19 screening questions when you arrive to check-in:
COVID-19 Screening Questions:
- Do you have any flu-like symptoms including headache, fever, cough, difficulty breathing/shortness of breath, sore throat, recent loss of taste or smell, chills, muscle pains, or positive or pending COVID-19 test?
- Have you had close contact with anyone during the past 14 days who has been told they may have a positive or pending COVID-19 test?
- If you answer YES to any of these questions, your appointment will be rescheduled.
Infection Control in the Dental Science Building
- Our clinics follow infection control recommendations by the U.S. CDC, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the American Dental Association (ADA). We stay up to date on notices they provide.
- Treatment rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected following each patient.
- Our providers and staff have the essential Personal Protective Equipment to protect themselves and you.
- We have improved our air circulation and ventilation throughout our building. HEPA air filters and extra-oral suction devices are used throughout all our clinics.
- We regularly clean and disinfect our high-touch areas in waiting rooms, restrooms,
Pay our bill safely and conveniently
- Pay on-line
- My Dental Portal is a tool to view your statements and pay bills through our dental patient portal (with same-day online registration).
- Call 319-335-9440 to make a credit card/debit card payment
Additional Information and Reminders
- Please call us at least 48 hours in advance if you cannot keep your appointment to allow us to reschedule you and offer your appointment to another patient.
- The CDC provides information about the novel coronavirus.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.