(Qualifies for State Dental Board 1 Hour CE)
This course qualifies the enrollee for 1 CE credit hours and the cost of the course is $75.
Register for the Infection Control course. (log-in with CE ID is required)
- Recognize how standard precautions fit into the chain of infection, with measures that we can take to interrupt the chain of infection.
- Understand personnel health elements of an infection control program.
- Learn about the Hepatitis and HIV viruses, prevention for them and treatment as well as risks associated due to an exposure.
- Summarize the methods to prevent exposures, including engineering and work practice controls as well as personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Explain the methods of hand hygiene, barrier protection and disinfection.
- Recognize elements of the Hazard Communications Standard.
Carrie McKnight, DDS, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Oral Pathology, Radiology and Medicine. Dr. McKnight served as a staff dentist at Broadlawns Hospital, Des Moines, Iowa, from 1999-2001. She also was in private practice in Johnston, Iowa, from 2000-2001. From 2001-2005, she was assistant professor and general practice residency director in the Hospital Dentistry division of UI Hospitals and Clinics.
Completion of this course and quiz qualifies the enrollee for 1 CE credit hours.
Course issued 6/2021; expiration date 6/2024. The course qualifies for the new Infection Control requirement by the State Dental Board.
Occupational Safety & Health Administration. United States Department of Labor (OSHA)