Expanded Functions Level 2
This course qualifies the enrollee for 140 credit hours.
Our next Expanded Functions Level 2 course will be held in early 2024. Email Amanda Shoemaker to get on the EFDA II listserv.
$7,495 – includes all materials and supplies, parking, lunches, breaks, and handouts.
- Expanded Function Clinical FAQs
- EFDA Mod I Draft Schedule
- EFDA Mod II Draft Schedule
- EFDA Mod III Draft Schedule
Our Winter/Spring 2024 Expanded Functions Level 2 course registration will open in 2023. The following important information may help you decide if Expanded Functions Level 2 is right for your office:
- Class size is limited to 25 participants with a minimum of 10 participants to hold the course.
- You will be required to provide documentation that you have completed ALL Level 1 procedures – documents/verification will be required prior to the start of the course. You must be a certified Level I for an entire calendar year before starting this course.
- Participants also must have a sponsoring dentist to complete the clinical portion of the course, and your sponsoring dentist will be required to attend an online (virtual) Orientation Session during the first module/weekend.
- All modules in Level II (5) must be completed to become Level 2 Certified. This includes pediatric dentistry and prosthodontic modules. The course is 140 credit hours over 5 weekends.
- Listed above under Documentation are DRAFT schedules of the curriculum from 2022.
- Once your registration has been accepted, you will receive further instructions for the Level 2 course.
- There will be some courses provided online prior to your arrival to the UI College of Dentistry and you will be required to pass a pre-test prior to the first weekend.
- We understand that this is a very tight timeframe to complete the course – however, we feel this is important in order to maintain continuity of the course completion. We will have one weekend for makeup if necessary (i.e., snow cancellation).
- Above, under Documentation, is an FAQ sheet from the Iowa Dental Board for your review – this will help answer some of your questions.
- All parts of this CE course will be held at the College of Dentistry, including the Saturday sessions which will be held in the Simulation Clinic at the College of Dentistry in Iowa City. The topics of the modules are subject to change.
Director of Alumni Relations and Continuing Education
The University of Iowa
348 Dental Science Building N.
Iowa City, IA 52242-1010