Requirements to Apply to Program
Applicants must apply through the ADEA Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (CAAPID). Apply online today.
Preference will be given to US citizens, US permanent residents (green card holders) and those holding legal asylum or refugee status.
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- All non-native English speaking applicants must take the TOEFL and gain a score of 100 or more to be considered for admission (No Waiver will be given).
- Only computer based TOEFL scores are accepted (no paper based).
- Only scores from TOEFL exams taken AFTER October 1, 2019, will be considered. Scores from exams taken before October 1, 2019, will NOT be considered.
- The testing agency must submit original TOEFL scores directly to ADEA CAAPID.
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- To be considered for admissions, the program requires passage of NBDE I and II or the INBDE.
- When an interview is offered, official National Board Dental scores will be requested by the program.
Letter of Evaluation
- The program requires three Letters of Evaluation:
- Program prefers one Letter of Evaluation to come from a former faculty member.
- Program prefers one Letter of Evaluation to come from a former teachers or mentor who can attest to applicant’s character, conduct, and professional ability.
- The third Letter of Evaluation may come from an individual of the applicant’s choice that is not a family member.
- The letters of evaluation must be written in English on official letterhead and signed by the letter writer.
- Letters must be less than 2 years old.
- Letters must be submitted by the Letter writer directly to ADEA CAAPID.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID a detailed evaluation by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
- If offered an interview, the applicant must submit the original academic record from their dental school directly to the program.
- Application fee: $250 (separate from the ADEA CAAPID application fee)
- Interview fee: $1,500
- Tuition, fees, and other costs for the program
- Admitted students must pay a non-refundable deposit
Other documents that should be sent directly to program (not to CAAPID)
- Communication by email is preferred (firstname.lastname@example.org). Only applications that are complete, meet the deadline, and meet the requirements will be reviewed and considered for admission.
- Supplemental application material may be requested when an interview is offered.
- National Board scores- applicant numerical scores.
- A copy of the applicant’s dental license, if applicable.
- Proof of residency - a copy of immigration documentation (passport, permanent resident card or Visa).
- Send a 2x2 color photograph to the program. Print your name and ADEA CAAPID number on the back of the photo.
- Only documents on CAAPID website will be reviewed. No paper records, no updated CV (unless specifically requested at interview), etc. will be considered.