Class of 2027
Science GPA: 3.62
Total GPA: 3.71
Prerequisites for DDS Program
|Physics: 1/4 lab work||8|
|General Chemistry: 1/4 lab work||8|
|Organic Chemistry: 1/4 lab work||8|
|Biochemistry: One course that covers basic concepts in modern biochemistry and molecular biology||3|
|Biology: Must include some laboratory work. One-year course in general biology or zoology. Upper-level courses in gross anatomy, cell biology, or physiology are beneficial||8|
|English: Composition, rhetoric, speech courses required for bachelor's degree||--|
|Electives: A well rounded background in the social sciences, philosophy, psychology, history, foreign languages, business, accounting and mathematics||90|
- A grade of C or higher in each of the prerequisite courses is encouraged.
- The minimum academic requirement for admission is the completion of 90 semester hours of study at an accredited college. Most students complete a bachelor’s degree.
- Undergraduate students do not have to declare a science major.
- Mean college GPA for entering dental students at Iowa is above 3.70.
Implications of COVID-19 on Grades:
- The College of Dentistry expects that prerequisite courses are taken for a grade.
- If you attended an institution that mandated coursework change to Pass/Fail during the spring or summer 2021 sessions due to COVID-19, the College of Dentistry expects your institution to annotate this mandate on your transcripts.